VLC, also known as the VLC media player, is a free open source and cross-platform media player. It was developed by VideoLAN. It was released in February 2001. It allows its users to play multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols. It is available for platforms like Android, IOS, Tizen, macOS, Linux and Microsoft Windows. It was written in C++ and is available in 48 languages. It was started as an academic project in 1996 and stands for VideoLAN Client. Since it was released, it has undergone a lot of updates and upgrades.
Features of VLC 1.4.8
Some of the features of VLC media player are listed below:
- It allows users to play local video and audio files, as well as network streams, for which it requires a permission at the time of installation. It also includes adaptive streaming, DVD ISOs and supports disk shares.
- It supports numerous formats such as MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC and also supports subtitles, Teletext and closed captions.
- It includes a media library for audio and video files and allows users to browse folders directly.
- It supports multi-track audio, auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
- It requires a permission to prevent phone from sleeping before installing so that the users can watch movies and videos without interruption.
How to download VLC 1.4.8?
To download the app in your device you will need to click on the given below download button.