VLC Media Player is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Android, Chrome OS, iOS, Apple TV and Windows Phone. VLC is an open-source source and a free, cross-platform media player. Apart from playing video and audio files, VLC players also play a very vital role in compression methods.
The modular platform of VLC allows it to include plug-ins for different file formats easily and therefore, VLC supports almost all the file formats. The NPAPI plugin supported by VLC Player allows it to play embedded files in the various website without the use of additional software. What has made VLC more popular is the fact that it supports even the incomplete files which help in previewing a quality of the downloaded file. The formats which are supported by VLC player includes container formats, audio coding formats, capture devices, network protocols, network streaming formats and video coding formats.
Download VLC Media Player for Windows
- Download VLC Player for Windows. The setup file that supports both the 32-bit and 64-bit computers are available.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Give the administration permission to run the player on your Windows.
- Click on “Install”.
- Follow the instructions displayed on screen.
- Click on Finish.
Download VLC Media Player for Mac
- Download the VLC Media Player for Mac.
- Go to the “Download Files” and open the setup of “VLC Media Player for Mac”.
- Drag and drop the VLC file from the “Download” folder to “Application” folder. This will copy the VLC Media Player in the Application folder.
- Double click on the VLC Media Player and click on “Open”. Give all the necessary permissions if asked.
Download VLC Media Player for Android
- Go to “Settings” and toggle on “Unknown Sources”.
- Download VLC Media Player for Android.
- Tap on the downloaded file.
- Tap on “Install” by giving all the required permissions.
- Wait for the installation process to be completed.
Download VLC Media Player for iOS
- Download VLC Media Player for iOS.
- Open the downloaded file and tap on “Install”.
- Give all the required permissions by entering your password.
- Wait for the app to be installed.