VLC Media Player commonly known as VLC is a free and open source server developed by the VideoLAN project. It is also portable and cross platform media player and streaming server that is available for desktop as well as mobile platforms. The player was initially released in the year 2001 and runs under the GNU license.
Features of VLC 1.6.7
VLC media player offers the following features to its users-
- Firstly, VLC Media Player is a cross platform application that is compatible for various desktop and mobile operating systems. It can be accessed on Android, Windows, macOS, Linux, Xbox one and other operating systems.
- The software is a multilingual one that is available in no less than 48 languages.
- VLC supports many audio and video compression methods and file formats including DVD- Video, video CD and streaming protocols. It is able to stream media over computer networks and to transcode multimedia files.
- The default distribution of VLC includes a large number of free decoding and encoding libraries, avoiding the need for finding and calibrating proprietary plugins.
- VLC Media Player can play high definition recordings of D-VHS tapes duplicated to a computer using CapDVHS.exe. This offers another way to archive all D-VHS tapes with the DRM copy freely tag.
- It can also be run or installed directly from a USB flash drive or other external drive. It uses the Lua scripting language. The program is able to convert media files into various supported formats.
How to download VLC 1.6.7?
VLC Media Player can be downloaded using the link given below