The default program is a program that Windows use to open a file when you double click on it. It is the first trace program that windows pick to open your files to make VLC a default media player. To open all your media files first of all have to make sure that VLC media player can open all the media files available on your PC.
How to make VLC default player?
- First of all go to the start screen and launch VLC media player.
- If you don’t see there, you can type VLC in this text box and then launch VLC media player.
- Now, once it’s launched, go to tools and click on preferences.
- At the preferences, windows scroll down until you find a set up associations tab.
- Click on it and this will open another page behind which you can just click on it to sure it
comes to the front row, if any of these checkboxes is not checked, make sure that you check
- We are allowing VLC media player to open files the extension files.
- Check the boxes are selected so that we can assure that media player will open all these files.
- Now click on the check box and command on save button.
- After this, go to windows settings to ensure that VLC media player is set as default media player.
- Go to start media and click on default programs and select set your default programs.
- Now, select VLC media player as a default.